Electrical outlet

I am adding wall to wall, floor to ceiling cupboards to one wall of a bedroom. Two outlets are being covered by cupboards. Access to the outlets will be provided inside the cupboards. The wall next to the cupboards will not have an outlet within 6 feet (its inside the cupboard). Do I need to add another outlet to this wall?

Reply to
Pat

It's your call. If your cupboards end up looking like mine, you'll never be able to find any outlets behind all the junk. Plus, if you can find an outlet in the cupboard, are you going to run a cord through the front of the cupboard to reach the outlet that is on the back wall of the cupboard?

Chet

Reply to
CGB

Outlets can be installed in a wide base molding applied to the cupboards. I'm not familiar with your local building codes, but generally you don't see too many outlets in a room.

Reply to
Phisherman