Electrical Boxes set in concrete repair

When the concrete home was built the Electrical boxes were preset in the walls. Since then corrosion has broken loose the mounts and outlets are no longer secure in the wall. Should I remove the boxes or how do you secure them. This is my first concrete home and dealing with the salt air of the ocean. Any knowledge shared would be appreciated.

Reply to
Daniel H.

Hi, Can you post some photos on a photosharing site to show what this looks like? Is the wall cast-in-place concrete, or cinder blocks? Are these electric boxes SET INTO into the wall and conduits run within the wall thickness, or SURFACE MOUNTED and secured with screws (and conduits run on the surface of the wall?) Regards, Theodore

Reply to
millinghill

If you are saying the 6-32 holes the device screws go in are stripped you have 2 non destructive options. You can retap them to 8-32 or you can get some clip on speed nuts. They make them with 6-32 threaded inserts on the back.

Reply to
gfretwell