Electric wire rodent damage

Right at the top of an interior wall, inside the attice above the hole going down thru the 2x4, a rodent, mouse or rat, had eaten away about

2 to 3 inches of romex covering. The "black and white" wires inside did not have any damage. I have stopped the mice from getting in the attic. Since the metal wire is not exposed... can I just cover this area to make sure no future rodent gets to the wire???? or should this short section be replaced. thanks..
Reply to
AgaPSDIVER

Actually, yes. Not for any code or physical-type reason, but since you can get to it, and remember it now, and when you sell you can know you have fixed it right. Split some other piece of scrap romex ('equivalent'), take the cover off, carefully tape (3M '33') on a overlapping piece and forget it.

Tim S.

Reply to
TimS