Electric roof/attic vent temp/humidity settings?

I recently had roof work done. We had an electric roof vent installed. It has both a temperature and humidity thermostat/humidistat.

Temperature is set okay.

My question is humidity. The dial has numbers 1 thru 9. Where should it be set? I tried setting it once, but it ran constantly. It would seem the humidistat overrules the temperature. Being in Ohio, our summers can be a bit humid. I would suppose the greatest benefit would be during the winter, when at that time I could turn it back on.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Reply to
John L. Wilkerson Jr.

I would think it would have come with some sort of instructions. You could try mid range.

The real question is why? In almost all locations the use of a power roof vent is a waste of money. Good well designed static vents work as well and don't malfunction nearly as often and cost less.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Your attic should be vented well enough where you do not run it in winter and you do not pull any conditioned air up and out. Even in summer you run that risk and can increase cooling loads if make up venting is not sufficient

Reply to
m Ransley