Dual sump pumps-check valve?

Ok, that makes sense. I had not considered the sump that is dry at times. The ones i have, have always had water in them 365 days a year. I rekon i can see what you said happening in one that has dry times.

Reply to
Steve Barker

dont use a check valve if the line is exposed to freezing temperatures. the original homeowner may have intentially set it up to drain the water back to the sump to prevent a frozen line

Reply to
bob haller

That's kind of a given, the pumps I've installed have a slope on the output line after the check valve which I install in an area that's less likely to freeze. I'm in the Southeast and temps don't usually fall so low that basement temps get down to freezing. If I was in the North, I'm sure I'd have to be more cautious installing any sort of drain line. We Southerners are sissies when it comes to cold weather. I worked out in the Pacific for a year close to The Equator so I lived and worked in shorts and a T shirt every day. When I came back to The States I landed in Southern California during a cold snap where temps fell into the 60's and I was freezing. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas