Dual Flush conversion kit

Hi, Just a curious question Does it work pretty good or is wasted time. Any one installed one and using it? Comments/suggestions? Good one, bad one?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

The HandyGuys did a podcast on these a while ago. You can probably access it at their website.

If you are one of those who feels if it doesn't pay back quickly it's not worth doing then don't bother....it will never pay back if you have city water. Especially if you already have low-flush toilets.

If you see benefit in reducing water use even if it doesn't save you money directly, then go for it. And if you are on well/septic, then it reduces the load on both of those.

I plan to install these when my existing flush valves need to be replaced.

Paul F.

Reply to
Paul Franklin

Tony Hwang wrote in news:PXBus.22735$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe02.iad:

I bought one of them. Installation was simple. But the problem is that the toilet wasn't designed for low flow, so about 1/3 of the time,we have to use full flush, or repeat the low flush. In my case it was a waste of money (which is what I'm good at), although it saves some water when it works.

Reply to
Han

Hi, In the house there are 4 bathrooms and only main one has Toto toilet which does a good job. I am good at wasting time and money some times, LOL. I am going to try one since one flapper needs a replacement. We(two of us) consume about 20 tons of water a month.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Tony Hwang wrote in news:C1Lus.39741$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe15.iad:

My dual flush kit didn't do anything with the flapper ...

Reply to
Han