DTV delayed

Here's one that has a banner across the screen every hour or so stating that they will be reducing power in Feb.

No, it's not on their web site but it is on their transmitted signal. Call them to verify.

WAKA , CBS (334)271-8888

Reply to
Red

snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I've emailed WKMG for clarification on their on-air comment about reducing DTV power level after Feb.17. I'll keep you posted on it.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

As an aside, you'll notice the map is delimited by congressional districts.

What do congressional districts have to do with TV coverage?

Reply to
HeyBub

Thanks, Jim.

Reply to
salty

I think it is also a function of age- I get the same attitude from the young whippersnappers at work all the time, as they sit there zoning out to the digital teats plugged into their ears all damn day. (I tell them I got my hearing loss the old-fashioned way, working construction in the pre-earmuff days...)

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

I had heard that they were lower (though I hadn't heard far lower) but I checked out 2 of the 4 stations that I watch on analog and it's not true for them and certainly not always true.

Not true

One night I emailed channel 9 and one other major network station in DC and both wrote back by 9:30 the next morning to say that they were at full digital power already.

One did say that they would change frequencies on that date and implied that might help my reception.

(What I really need is to repair or replace my amplified antenna in the attic, but that's unrelated to the topic here. Oh, and 2 other stations in DC didn't have email addresses or forms! So I didn't write them.)

Reply to
mm

I just read what he said but I've forgotten already. OK, I looked and he does said "advertised" but it still seems more likely to me he read in the paper or online quoing some interview, probably with some radio and tv magazine, or the entertainment reporter of the newspaper, instead of that they advertised it.

Here, my friend, whose brother is a sportscaster, reads

or some similar name, where rtv stands for radio and tv, and it gives news about the industry. Maybe it's DCRTV and only deals with DC and Baltiore and nearby. I can never remember, and she's not home now.

But you can probably find some webpage that deals with radio and tv in your area.

Reply to
mm

I don't give a rats ass about TV in my area. I have satellite, and it works just fine. I get all my local channels from it as well. I could switch to cable and get the same thing for more money.

Reply to
salty

Maybe if you kept better informed about your local area, you wouldn't post the nonsense that I first replied to in this thread.

Reply to
mm

I saw that episode of "24". The FCC has put every technician on it, full time, and hope to solve it soon.

Reply to
mm

snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

WKMG mentioned it on one of their broadcasts;IIRC,it was one of their public notices on their DTV conversion. BTW,I still haven't gotten an answer to my email to them.

If you have satellite,why are you in on the DTV discussion? It doesn't affect you at all.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Jim Yanik wrote: (snip)

Always gotta have a Plan B, Jim. I have satt, but got converter boxes anyway. Sometimes the satt gets an attack of the vapors for several hours at a time, and the local package Dish offers around here does not include all the OTA stations, or (as far as I can tell, at least for non-HD subscribers) any of the sub-channels. If I don't get more digital stations after the cutover, I'm gonna have to go topside, and fix or replace the half-ass antenna that came with this house. I really need a rotor to nail the other set of locals that cover this area anyway. So far, I've managed to stay south of 50 bucks a month with dish, but if they jack their prices again, I may learn to do without those nice channels (History, Discovery, SciFi, etc) that got me to get a dish in the first place. (200-some channels, and only 12 I ever watch...)

Down at my father's place in lake Charles, Louisiana, Dish doesn't even OFFER the local stations. I think they offer Houston, about 4 hours away. He was very happy with the signal I pulled with the converters I installed for him, using a cable from the FM antenna on the roof. Much better than the analog from rabbit ears that he was watching for the morning news. It did take a couple hours to teach him all the buttons to use on the various remotes, since I had to plumb the 2 TVs differently, due to the input jacks available. One on aux, the other on rf4, etc. I wish Dish offered pass-through jacks on their boxes for DVD players, VCRs, converters, and such. It would be easy to engineer in, and then one remote could do it all. (Yes, I have tried pushing all that through a daisy chain on the 'antenna in'. It does not work worth a hoot. Major signal loss and crappy picture. I use an ABCD switch box here, and get a perfect picture, but you gotta get up and press the button.)

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

???

Reply to
salty

I live in a world shared with a lot of people.

Reply to
salty

95% of the gynecologists are male. They just like to keep their hand in...
Reply to
HeyBub