dryer:gas to elec hookup switch

What supplies are neccessary to switch a dryer hookup from gas to electric? I am not mechanically stupid I just haven't done this particular job before. Thank you!

Please those of you who have nothing better to do with your time than be sarcastic don't waste my time with your posts. I'm too busy to search multiple posts of mouth running for real answers.

Reply to
quapawgirl

Plug the gas line. You have to run a new 240V circuit for the dryer. Check the specs, but probably a 40A with #8 wire.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

As Ed says, run a new wire and box/receptacle. Four wire connections may be needed, so check before you buy the wire. Copper is really getting pricey these days.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Natural gas dryers are far cheaper to operate in most areas, and the required 4 wire copper cable and breaker will be costly. GO ONLY WITH $ WIRE FOR A NEW INSTALL. Check the main panel for amp capacity!

Why would someone want to downgrade from gas to electric?

Reply to
bob haller

You could run #8 wire, but thats overkill. Most dryers are 30A circuits, so you can run #10 wire.

Reply to
Mikepier

I meant to say only 4 wire plug for a new install.

Reply to
bob haller

Yes, a very good idea. They have small turbines for inside use now.

Reply to
mm