Dry sanding mud

Hey folks. The help on this group is always amazing. Here we go;

I have repaired some falling plaster using plaster washers. It seems to have worked. I had some damage and contouring to do with compound etc. I noticed the falling plaster while in the middle of a re-modelling job, so I left it after I repaired it.

Now I am ready to sand. My problem is, this repair is in my living room. Can I wet sand to cut down on dust? If I can, what are the procedures - and is there a web resource I can refer to?\

Thanx in advance...

Joshua Bayer

Reply to
joshua bayer

Tricky...the water softens the mud, end result unpredictable.

Use a shop vac and a Magna Sander or equivalent. Ask at a box store, or Amazon.com. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Not drywall compound, you screwed then patched now want to wet sand. Good luck it doesnt move and crack , it probably will and have to be redone right. Meaning removal.

Reply to
m Ransley

Pick up a couple of sanding sponges. They work well wet. They load up quickly so you'll have to rinse them often.

- and

Reply to
3rd eye