doors

Good Morning All,

Installing a set of trackless bi-folds in an opening that currently has carpeting. I could pull back the carpeting but Id rather not. Looking ahead I can imagine shimming the doors into the jam could be a problem with a carpet surface.

Im thinking of laying some masonite to give the shims something a little firmer to wedge against. Could perhaps then wedge the top flush up against the head jam rather than shooting for gap...

Any one whose dealt with this before care to share there technique? The books Ive got dont get into details like this.

TIA

Reply to
Jim

If the doors rub against the carpeting, just cut a little off the bottom with a circular saw. Just be sure to put masking tape on the door so the saw does not leave marks.

Reply to
philo