Door swing survey

I actually thought it may have something to do with the drug situation in Florida, as I first noticed it on police shows.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

That pretty well describes my setup. It was the last stage of adding the 18x30 addition. Measures IIRC 5x10' with a closet across the 5' end. Makes for 'nice' but also collects 'junk'. From memory it now has my box of newprint headed for recylce, part pack of water bottles, part carton of coke, part carton 7up, snow shovel and mucho dirt. Windo sill will have a few tools to be taken back to garace, a couple empty veggie cans headed for the recycle barrel, a stick to turn on/ off the motion sensor light (mounted in ceiling outside the storm door.

And tht is my _front_ door where all the visitors come in ;(

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Was the purpose of the HOA visit to discover how many residents were in flagrant violation of HOA rules regarding which way the main entry door swings?

Reply to
HeyBub

"HeyBub" wrote in news:8o2dnQ3TYMUwP_bQnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Bubby, that is a csae of hineininterpretieren, or I missed your smiley here.

:-)}

Reply to
Han

No, just the annual meeting notice. This is not a real HOA (no deed restrictions or lien powers) and we have the opposite problem from most HOAs nobody has an opinion about anything. The big issue at the meeting will be the menu for the Easter cookout. It is a very low pressure environment. All we really maintain is a park shelter and a boat ramp. Nobody really screws with you for having a car up on blocks in the driveway and you can paint your front door any color you want, no matter which way it swings.

Reply to
gfretwell

In this case it is probably a sample of what they were building all over this area at that time. This was not a builder specific neighborhood. The houses were all built independently over the last 50 years. I am sure I would get a similar result if I looked at any of the places around here that only sold lots and you build your house. I suppose you could use street view on Google to see.

Reply to
gfretwell

"HeyBub" wrote

Gawd! We do HOA reserve studies. Over 600 now. We're the beancounters, and have nothing to do with nothing. But homeowners glomm on to us and have to tell us all sorts of tales of drunkenness and cruelty with regard to their HOA's.

24 college students. 12 made prisoners, 12 made guards. It lasted 6 days before it got violent.

Go figger.

SteveB

Heart surgery pending? Read up and prepare. Download the book $10

SteveB

wrote

We have a HOA at our cabin. The dues are $25 a year. There are 17 cabins. We have a natural spring water system, maintained by an M.D. who has a cabin there. I hope nothing happens to him. We have never had a meeting or collected dues. Yet, more than $425 worth of work gets done every year. We just pass the hat, and cover for owners who aren't there until they visit, then no problemo collecting. But, some people MUST have rules and laws. And, don't forget the enforcers ....... Oh, my, if we had enforcers, we couldn't have the three and four cabin parties with tents in the yards for the kids, or a lot of it.

SteveB

Heart surgery pending? Read up and prepare. Download the book $10

SteveB

wrote

Here's an interesting site in Nevada. We use it to get definition re: property lines, and what belongs to who, mainly on landscaping in big projects. Tons of personal info, and very helpful. You can get owner info on any lot that goes back to when they brought the dirt in.

But we use Google Earth to get more precise measurements. Google Earth does not make any property line delineation unless it is a government installation, Nat. Park, some others. Google Earth is also very useful for us planning ATV rides, and exploring the wilds around here before we go. And for even looking around the world.

SteveB

Heart surgery pending? Read up and prepare. Download the book $10

SteveB

"SteveB" wrote in

BRAIN FART!

SteveB

My husband has fibromyalgia. I can't quite recall what he takes for it (he's a grownup and manages his own pills), but he doesn't spend much time sitting on his ass bitching. He certainly doesn't spend his life all doped up.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

I understand the street price of both Vicodin and Oxycontin is up to $1.00 per milligram, so an 80 mg tab of Oxycontin could be as much as $75 (more likely it's around $60, but it depends on the market).

A 30-day supply, two tabs per day, would be about $3500+. If you're on Medicaid, the script would cost you from $1.10 to $4.40.

Reply to
HeyBub

Um, there're two kinds of Oxycontin addicts:

  1. Those who take it for pain relief, it hurts when you don't take it.
  2. Drug addicts who shoot it intravenously. It feels really good when you do so. It hurts when you don't take it.
Reply to
HeyBub

Yeah, I understand.

Reply to
Michael B

There may actually be a disease but I think every one I know who say they have it, do it for the pills. These are people who I have known for 40-50 years.

I believe a good physical therapy program would mitigate or eliminate most of their symptoms without drugs. I have a particularly ugly form of arthritis (RA) along with some garden variety osteoarthritis and I am mostly drug free. 30 Voltaren lasts me over a year.

Reply to
gfretwell

Now, that's a more legitimate response, so I'm willing to share a piece of information with you. No, on second thought, I'll ask you if you would like to put your RA under control? With a drug that would cost about 9 cents a day, and with the only side-effects, if present, being some sleep irregularities and more vivid dreams during the first week or so, and with that the dividend of being less likely to get cancer. That's a question to you, and anyone else.

Reply to
Michael B

And they feel crummy when they wake up, don't they?

Reply to
Michael B

Not for nothing, but that's a pretty inane way to phrase what you seem to be saying. If someone has been helped, or knows of others that have been helped, by a product/drug/whatever, the normal thing to do would be to spread the word.

The way you phrase it you come across as a salesman. "Would you like to save three hundred dollars a month?" Sheesh.

RicodJour

OK I will bite? What is it

... and don't say Methotrexate

I have read the 4 page warning sheet on that. The "don't do while on this drug" reads like my daytimer.

Reply to
gfretwell

I HAVE spread the word, but certainly not on a home repair site.

Reply to
Michael B