Does anyone have a Fog Shower?

I think we all hate getting out of the shower cold and butt freezing during the winter and I was thinking of a steam shower that could save water, Iet you turn off the water, scrub, and then rinse without the air being freezing. But I'm wondering how much could it cost, and I mean does it work using a compressor??

Reply to
.Richard Clark

".Richard Clark" wrote in news:56787e82-fa6e-4c60- snipped-for-privacy@15g2000yqi.googlegroups.com:

Keep the shower door/curtain closed and dry off before opening. Zero cost and much better.

Reply to
Red Green

*The steam showers that I have wired consist of a small boiler that heats the water to generate the steam and releases it under pressure. They are a little pricey and require a water line and a power line to be installed. Whatever water you save you will make up for in electricity costs. I have never heard of anyone using steam to rinse off, but I don't stick around to see how they are used after the installation.

Here's a sample:

Do a search for steam generators and steam showers for more info.

Perhaps a heat lamp may help you feel warm while drying off. I have wall heaters to warm the bathrooms before going in and when coming out of the shower.

Reply to
John Grabowski

Yep, and a little heater in the bathroom helps too.

On my recent bathroom renovation, I was taking showers before I had put the bathroom door back in. Despite the shower door and the heater being installed, the lack of a bathroom door led to it being drafty during/after my shower.

Once I rehung the bathroom door, all was well again. The lesson learned was that even a small draft in the shower room is uncomfortable.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

I used to open the shower door a couple inches before my shower was finished. Let the hot air warm the room.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

A crude compromise would be one of the "Navy" shower heads. They're small, use little water, but the spray is quite hard and very fine. The result is that a lot of the heat in the water dissipates before it hits the shower floor. We keep what most would call a "cold" house year round, and I find that my Navy shower head really heats things up in the whole bath when I'm showering.

Reply to
Nonny

On Fri 26 Feb 2010 11:16:36a, John Grabowski told us...

Some exhaust fans are equipped with heat lamps or infrared heat lamps. Herer is but one example:

Wayne Boatwright

Absolutely. With the door shut, shower or bath, the room warms up. AFter I get out, I open it an inch or two, then a bit more each time, to help me dry off but without getting the room uncomfortably cold. While the bathroom cools off, the bedroom warms.

Reply to
mm