Does a sodastream carbon dioxide tank contain enough gas to fill a flat car tire?

The sodastream tank is 14-1/2 ounces (410 grams) of carbon dioxide.

Is that enough to fill a flat car tire?

Do they make a gadget to use a sodastream carbon dioxide canister to regulate it to a twentieth in order to refill a flat car tire in an emergency situation?

Doesn't have to be carbon dioxide but you do need some kind of gadget which is designed to be refilled and which contains enough air in one filling.

Reply to
John Robertson

Look around and you can find a 5 gallon portable air tank for about $50. If you don't have a compressor there are free air hoses at some service stations or even Lowes.

Unless you have very small tires I doubt the SodaStream cartridge will get it up to pressure.

Reply to
rbowman

We lived in Germany for a few years. When you wanted air at a gas station, you lifted a small tank off the air station and carried it to your tire. I don't know how much they held, probably about a gallon. Occasionally if you were doing several tires you had to stick it back on and wait for it to pump back up. It was much more convenient than wrestling with a long hose and making sure you parked close enough.

Reply to
TimR

You should be able to make CO2 with baking soda and leomon juice or vineagre and pump it into the bottom of your drink, basically, two bottles, tightly sealed with one tupe taking from the top of the carbonation bottle and bubbling it up into the bottom of your drink, probable some sort of aerator to aerosolise the gas into a spray instead of a stream.

Mind you this has implications for carbon capture by using the CO2 to "feed" algae hence scrub CO2 from effluents

Reply to
vjp2.at

On Sun, 30 Apr 2023 11:33:49 -0600, John Robertson posted for all of us to digest...

Obtain an old empty propane tank and conversion kit and have at it... Or like Bowman suggested a portable air tank.

Reply to
Hiram T Schwantz