Do they make caps for a sump pit?

My sump pump stands about 6 inches over the top of my sump pit. Do they make raised caps to put over it or do I have to make one myself? I would like to seal it since rancid air comes in from the pipe when it's not submerged in water.

Reply to
Joe

I don't think so, all I have seen are flat. Installing a submergible sump pump would make a flat cover work. I installed a plywood one, with an "in-line" exhaust fan sucking air from it and blowing it outside as we get a sulphur (rotten egg) odor when it rains a lot. This method also creates a negative pressure under the floor slab which would help to remove any radon gasses. It is installed with a simple timer to run 1/2 hour twice a day. If the smells come back during the rainy season I increase the time of the fan running.

Reply to
EXT

5 galon bucket, cut to fit, painted to match, bedded in caulk or monkey shit.
Reply to
beecrofter

I'll bet there is more than one person out there who failed to grok "monkey shit". At the supply house, we also called it elephant dung. It was sold in 1 to 5 pound packages and looked like a gray turd.

you walk in to Lowe's or Home Depot and ask for monkey shit or elephant dung, you will probably be sent to the gardening department.

[8~{} Uncle Monster
Reply to
Uncle Monster

When I worked in auto body repair in the 1950s, they used this stuff to seal holes in cars and it was called "dumdum". It seemed to have attracted a number of interesting names over the years.

Reply to
EXT