Do I have to have an electrician

I have had the seal replaced on mine twice and never received a charge. Just happened to notice it was broken one day while mowing the lawn and noticed a new one on it a couple months later. Second time a tree branch fell and ripped the box and pole off the house. Neighbor is an electrician and he helped me replace it. I put a new box on the wall and he clipped the wires then we put the pole back up and he reconnected them and we plugged the old meter back into the new box and a couple months later a new seal appeared on it.

Reply to
Eugene Nine

This has gone on here for a few days with no real answer. It could have been answered by a quick call to the utility. Around here you just call, tell them what you are doing and they will either let your electrician cut the seal to do the work or they will send out a line man to open it at the service point. It sounds like this guy needs the latter.

Their computer is pretty good at spotting fraud. They know what your power use is cruising at.

Reply to
gfretwell