Dishwasher no electrical ?

My dishwasher ( Bosch) has been working find until today. It's not starting up. I checked the electric feed for power and there is power to the electrical connection. What type of things can I check on to isolate the problem ?

Thanks Dick

Reply to
Platebanger

Check the float to see if its stuck in the up position.

Reply to
Mikepier

Have you actually check to make sure the wires aren't burndt inside the wire nuts connecting it to the house ac wires? Happened to me on a 1 year old Bosch and I've heard since it is very common.

Reply to
Art

Hi,

Model#?

model# helps.

A copy from Art:

That is very common on a Bosch d/w! Esp the white wire connector.

Not running at all ( dead ), won't fill, drains only....how won't it start?

Burnt power wire, broken wire inside the door ( esp where it bends to open and close ), bad push to start switch, bad door switch ( if used )

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Problem solved. It was a loose conection with the wires. I was checking for broken wires, then retaped and put wire nuts on, Then it started fine.

Thanks for your input. Dick

Reply to
Platebanger

Thankx for the update!! :)