Dishwasher advice

My wife recently washed some kids toys and it ended that we got some sand in our dishwasher. You can hear it every time you pull out the trays and you can see it accumulated at the bottom. What is the best way to get rid of sand in the dishwasher and what damage can it do ? Tks.

Reply to
car crash

vacuumn it oiut as best as possible, it can wear the pump and grinder out.

how much got in there?

Reply to
hallerb

if you have a wet dry vac first vacuum, then flush repeatedly with water and vacuum more. ideally use a garden hose to spray water in the pump area, while vacuuming up the wastev water.

if theres a lot of saND IT LIKELY RUINED YOUR PUMP:( and they can be a PIA to replace.

if the dishwasher is more than 5 years old i would replace it. heck check spray arms sand likely everywhere

Reply to
hallerb

Also sandblasts the dishes

All of it?!

Reply to
Oren

a wierd idea, try running hose backward into drain line, to help flush the system.

if it was much sand dishwasher is likely junk. how sad.

Reply to
hallerb

As for how much sand, I don't know off hand. There was about 5 large toys in there, that was retrieved from a sand box outside. We flushed it out twice on rinse cycle and that's about it. When you pull the top or bottom tray out, you can hear the sand grinding on the wheels still, so there is still some in there. Darn !

Reply to
car crash

On Thu 09 Oct 2008 04:34:28p, car crash told us...

Guess you learned not to put toys from a sandbox in a dishwasher.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright