Discharging gray water to back alley

That's why there is a Canadian federal law that bans the sale of bulk water from Canada in spite of all the years lobbying from business concerns on both sides of the border.

In some published fact source it is said that Canada has the largest amount of fresh water resources on this planet. Shouldn't we share it with our thirsty southern neighbor and make easy money too? Uhuh.

The long range view is that once the export of bulk water - rivers, glaciers, icebergs - is allowed the demand from the US will be insatiable. If bulk water becomes a tradable commodity it will be very difficult to then restrict its trade without coming up against free trade principles and probably against other ingenuous interpretation of trade laws. Perhaps even leading to war and regime change as Porky realizes.

The higher price water starved American cities , industries and farms will be willing to pay will result in a even higher price of water to Canadian consumers. If enough water is diverted from Canada whole weather systems and ecosystems will be affected. America is indeed super powerful in more ways than one.

I believe there is already one clear example from the Columbia River that flows into the western US. The US has drawn so much water from this river that it is affecting its source in the Canadian Rockies and most of the salmon spawning streams have been degraded. There isn't enough water in most years for the salmon to reach their traditional spawning streams. But due to a bilateral agreement on the management of the river Canada is not allowed to do anything witout US assent, to hold back water to improve salmon spawning conditions although this will improve immensely the health of the river.

Canada does not need to divert any of that water for its own use and the amount involved is minimal and seasonal. To the Americans this "control" is the first crack by Canadians to control their source of water. The bilateral agreement turned out to be a bad deal for Canada and it was suckered because no one thought of those issues at that time. Fortunately in this instance only the salmon will suffer, mainly the American salmon fisheries at that. But it is a very poignant example to Canada about the management of water resources that the US covets. A blanket ban prevents any insidious backdoor breaches.

Reply to
PaPaPeng

Wow kathy. Such spirit. Such passion. Such compassion. I would really love to call a person such as youself a friend. Nope we'll stay anonymous. Its just an expression of admiration and support.

Reply to
PaPaPeng

neighborhood

neighborhood

That sounds a lot like an area I almost moved into. Seasonal cottages are now year-round residences with insulation and central heat, bathrooms have been upgraded and added, and now the cesspools are failing. It makes the houses very hard to sell unless the bank doesn't require a septic cert, or the buyer is paying cash.

Some residents have added 55 gallon drums as drywells (mini cesspool) for their laundry greywater, but such additions are not permissable. Cesspools are no longer permissable in new systems, and the only allowable repair to a grandfathered cesspool which cannot keep up with the dwelling's output is replacement with a permissable system. The lots are sloped except for the part where the house and cesspool are, so there's no room for a conventional drainfield. The township is going to have to run a pipe, seems almost no way out of it, or condemn the area. Some of them might be able to get away with drip irrigation where the slope is 30% or less. There's a school nearby that has an evapotranspiration bed or something, maybe the residents and the school could form an association to handle their combined problem.

%mod%

Reply to
modervador

thanks

Reply to
Kathy

replace the

You might want to check out these technologies:

I had the pipebursting one done. Replaced 10 ft of cast iron and 50 ft of badly rooted terracotta. To have done it the "old way" would have required losing some trees and shrubs, plus cost of relandscaping.

Both of those links above show a pit dug next to the house. In my case, it made more sense to cut the slab floor of the basement so as to pass the new pipe under the foundation. That was a 4 ft deep hole, as opposed to 12' deep in the front yard.

To research this yourself, search terms are

sewer lateral trenchless no-dig pipebursting relining cured-in-place liner CIPP

in various combinations.

%mod%

Reply to
modervador

I never imagined this thread will create so much emotional responses.

Should I start another topic named "Discharging brown matter to back alley"?

LOL.

CUSE

"CUSE" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Discharging brown matter from you to your bathtub.

Reply to
FlavorFlav

Discharging brown matter IN your bathtub:

Oscar_Lives

If you change it to bad neighbors yard, you will get many replies.

:-P

later,

tom @

The Real Tom