Dimmable compact fluorescents

Anybody experienced with multiple brands of dimmable CFLs? I'd like to hear how different brands measure up. I have 20 watt Harmony Lightwiz dimmable CFLs (

) which get very bright, but only get moderately dim; they claim to dim to 20%.

Buylighting.com has Microbrite CFLs, available in 5 or 8 watts, which claim to dim to 10%. Has anybody used these?

How about other brands?

Thanks, Rick

Reply to
Rick Onanian

allan

Philips SLS 23 watt dimmable, available at Home Depot. I don't have any personal experience, but among the many complaints I hear of specific CFLs I have yet to hear any about this one.

This one is compatible with recessed ceiling fixtures, although life is likely to be affected by the heat more than that of lower wattage SLS. The 25 watt SLS comes with a warning to not use in recessed ceiling fixtures nor small enclosed fixtures. Most other screw-in CFLs of similar and higher wattage are not to be used in recessed ceiling fixtures.

Don Klipstein