Dig footing near stump?

I just removed (2) 8-inch diameter trees to make room for a backyard shed. My lot is sloped, so I am going to set the shed on 6x6 posts. A

12"x12"x24" deep hole will be dug (with auger) for each post. The posts will be placed in the holes and filled with concrete. One of the posts will be about 12" from one of the stumps.

When this stump eventually rots, could it cause problems? Should it be removed before constructing this shed?

Reply to
Brad Parks

How deep is the frost line in your area? You should dig all your footings to at least that depth or you can expect shifting. We just removed a tree and had a stump removal company come in and dig out the root. It cost $35 to do. You will need to get some dirt to fill it in. If you go down to the frost line or at least 4' deep you should not have a problem if you get rid of the bulk of the stump and fill and compact the fill before digging your footing.

-- Mike D.

Remove .spamnot to respond by email

Reply to
Mike Dobony