Difference between P225x75R15 and P235x75R15 on SUV

Isn't anyone going to ask?

Does SIZE really matter?

Reply to
Muggles

Google. Internet.

Paul in Houston TX

Henning Schr?der wrote in news:nk7klt$7n4$1 @news.mixmin.net:

That's incorrect. It should be 7.5mm radius = 15mm diameter = 47mm circumference

47mm = 1.85 inches.

The other guy is wrong. It should be radius, not diameter.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Yes. The section width is measured from sidewall to sidewall. Depending on design and application the tread with itself will be different.

Reply to
Steve W.

Use the manufacturer-recommended OEM size. Check the door sticker, owner's manual, or call the car dealer.

The vehicle is 12 yeas old, plus you didn't say if the LOL was the original owner. So the current tires are unlikely the original ones and may not be the OEM size

Reply to
Wade Garrett

We are talking tires, right?

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

The tire section width is OFTEN the same as the tread width, but not necessarily. Some tires have narrower tread than section width

A tire's section width (also called "cross section width") is the measurement of the tire's width from its inner sidewall to its outer sidewall (excluding any protective ribs, decorations or raised letters) at the widest point. This measurement is made without any load placed upon the tire and after the tire has been properly mounted on its industry assigned measuring rim and has been inflated and reset to its test pressure after 24 hours.

Because a tire's section width is influenced by the width of the rim upon which the tire is mounted, the correct industry assigned measuring rim width for the tire size being measured must be used.

The width of a tire mounted on a narrow rim would be "narrower" than if the same tire was mounted on a wide rim.

Reply to
clare

My truck came with 14 inch rims - I ran 15 inch snows for a few years

-with 16 inch summers (on mags) Then I put oversized brakes on and the

15 inch snows didn't fit any more - so new 16 inch rims and snows. I had to replace the speedo gear in the trans - otherwise no problems.
Reply to
clare