diesel exhaust fluid

If you don't want to make a fool of yourself, don't post.

Reply to
krw

If the battery pack is made too easy to change, you'll have people coming back to their parked EV and no battery pack. A while back we had some country boys who were stealing catalytic converters off parked cars, it was so fast and easy for them to swipe them. A number of folks were left with an expensive repair bill. I wonder what the auto insurance companies are going to do to handle the high cost of electric vehicle repairs and replacements?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

3

One possible solution to that problem would be to embed an encrypted serial number in a chip that's permanently encased inside the battery pack, where you'd have to tear apart and destroy the entire battery pack to get to it. The chip would be ROM that is only programmable with the serial # once at the factory. That would uniquely identify the individual battery, it's date of manufacture, etc. It could also allow storage of a table that would contain information showing each time it was charged, how low it was when the charge started, finished, etc.

Are you sure there is no technical way to determine it? I would bet that with the right test equipment you could determine with some degree of confidence the condition of the battery pack.

So you just swap it again.

Reply to
trader4