desperately looking for refrigerator repair advice plz !

Hello,

I have purchased a used refrigerator and it is defective.

I am writing because the guy that sold it to me is very bad at fixing it and doesnt show up half the time. Ive been thru 3 replacement fridges with him and am about to sue the hell out of him.

Anyways, this time, the fridge he gave me doesn't shut off. The compressor is always running at max.The food is frozen everywhere.

He came today and replaced the timer behind the unit. It still doesnt work properly. When I shut the dial inside to OFF, the fridge is still running.

What could be the problem ?

He says the timer terminals arent connectd properly. are there other areas like the thermostat or the actual dial inside the fridge that could be defective ?

Thanks

Reply to
Yan

Hi,

Bad cold control ( temp thermostat ), mized up wire or shorted wire could keep the refrigerator running when the dial is in the off position. The acual cause would have to be investigated, the cold control can be checked with an ohm meter to see if the contacts are opening up in the off position or still closed in the off position.

No way of getting your money back and going elsehwere?

Defrost timer -should- normally have nothing to do with the normal on and off's of the refrigerator.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff