Dave Hvac fella

Hey dave did ya see the Feb 05 Consumer Reports article on furnaces! Out of 12 companies tested Goodman was last in a 7 yr.=A0study of reliability. But of course you say they`ve made improvements and I wouldn`t expect anything less from you. So why don`t you list "those improvements" ones I can verify tomorrow, ones that will increase their quality standing. And while your at it you can also post your numbers on how you say VS DC motors will never give you a payback on reduced electricity usage.

Reply to
m Ransley

This is Turtle.

Hey Ransley don't ask Dave so many questions at one time for he will burn up his Web TV machine researching the answers for you.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Dave doing research for an intelligent answer?

Ya gotta be jokin!!!

Reply to
U will be assimilated

Turtle I hope he does burn it up , 2 questions, one he has avoided for

6 months. Im sick of hearing him push Goodman and badmouthing everything he doesn`t sell. Put up or Shut up Dave.
Reply to
m Ransley

'Hey dave did ya see the Feb 05 Consumer Reports article on furnaces! Out of 12 companies tested Goodman was last in a 7 yr.=A0study of reliability.'

ME: No Rans, i didnt see the report ; but my personal experience with GoodMan over the last 3 years has shown it to be very reliable.

'But of course you say they`ve made improvements and I wouldn`t expect anything less from you. So why don`t you list "those improvements" =A0 ones I can verify tomorrow, ones that will increase their quality standing.'

With GoodMans new line of furnaces, they have made definite improvements Here are the areas : HSI is different and is very durable , Inducer is different and more powerful allowing greater length of vent pipe, Dual pressure switches , Layout makes for ease of servicing, Cabinet is insulated thruout.

'And while your at it you can also post your numbers on how you say VS DC motors will never give you a payback on reduced electricity usage.'

I said they wont unless you live in your house a very very long time and use the furnace a ALOT. This feature is very expensive if you check the price difference between it and a high efficiency 4 speed PSC motor.

Reply to
HVAC fella

Take it to , this is a homeowners group....

Reply to
Burnt Eddy

ME: No Rans, i didnt see the report ; but my personal experience with GoodMan over the last 3 years has shown it to be very reliable.

Install one a year, and of COURSE you dont know how much they fail. LOL I love Goodman...they are a moneymaking machine I tell ya...nothing but problems that cost to fix after the first 90 days...:)

'But of course you say they`ve made improvements and I wouldn`t expect anything less from you. So why don`t you list "those improvements" ones I can verify tomorrow, ones that will increase their quality standing.'

With GoodMans new line of furnaces, they have made definite improvements Here are the areas : HSI is different and is very durable , Inducer is different and more powerful allowing greater length of vent pipe, Dual pressure switches , Layout makes for ease of servicing, Cabinet is insulated thruout.

You know that Goodmans been bought out too right? When you are the cheapest piece of shit made, you can only improve...Goodman could not get any worse..

'And while your at it you can also post your numbers on how you say VS DC motors will never give you a payback on reduced electricity usage.'

I said they wont unless you live in your house a very very long time and use the furnace a ALOT. This feature is very expensive if you check the price difference between it and a high efficiency 4 speed PSC motor.

Ummm...thats not what you have been saying at all.

BTW...I have 22 Goodman units in the back lot...all still under warranty....changeouts from last month...you want the damn things? Come and get em man..you can HAVE them.

Reply to
steve

Turtle got kicked out of alt.hvac because he is a backwoods hack. He posts here now because he has grown tired of being assaulted over there... and also because no one here questions his assanine statements.

Reply to
Matt

Maybe he should start a group called Alt.Turtle then! I imagine there is one already....

Reply to
Burnt Eddy

Yeah, I think it's called:

alt.hvac.hack

Reply to
Matt

Turtle you have enough to answer for. Care to explain where your "company" is? Or your license? Couldn't be you are an unlicensed hack is it?

Louisiana license look up.

C T Lee - (318) 335-4622 - 1222 Mary Ln, Oakdale, LA 71463

The link for Poster Backgrounds:

Poster Backgrounds

turtle00 Dec 12 1998, 12:00am this is turtle.

turtle is C. Terry Lee Oakdale, Louisiana .

owner and operator of Oakdale Heating and A/C . soon to go back to the old name of Lee's Heating & cooling.

turtle was forced into the a/c business by father at the age of 6 years old. my father did not know about child labor laws , he would say " load up boy we got a job to do" . i did not learn it but it just grew on me. i'm 48 years old and for some reason i still doing it. i have been doing it so long that it is like a fungues that i can't get off.

i live in a low income area and money is tight . i play the stock market in the morning to get my money and the hvac business in the day for to have something to say what i do for a living. you have to have something to tell when ask what do you do. i tell them i'm a hvac serviceman. oakdale is about 12,000 pop. and have 5 a/c or refrigeration men in it. all but 1 is a ex helper of my business or fathers business. i have 1 full time help and about 6 part time help's. i'm the biggest company in town. thank God for school teachers for they make up most of the help.

every now and then i teach a trade school for the school board. one 8 month course i can stand every 5 years or so.

i concider myself a product of the child labor laws that was not inforced. if they would have it then i may have gotten a good job like DOG CATCHER OR GARBAGE COLLECTOR. now you got to live with what you have.

the more i learn in this business , the more i know that what which i don't know. i say this after 40 something years in the business.

TURTLE

This is Turtle. What is you have never taken the hvac cource in trade school or collage and have owned or operated a business in another state all your life , Like Louisiana. Also i am a State certified Voc Tech Instructor in HVAC for the state of Louisiana and tought 2 years in a State Prison and worked with a very gifted bunch. I think I learned more than the students for I learned to walk and think like a criminal . When I hear some of the Trolls here I think about what hand in prison was talking like him. Yea Too I have Assoc. Degree [ 2 years ] in Industrial Engineering at L.S.U. . I have 19 hours from getting a BS [

4 years ] in Industrial Engineering but awwww It don't mean that much to me. Oh yea I have a Trade School degree in Non-destuctive testing / X-Ray and ultrosonic Testing of Metal.

Lee's Heating & Cooling Oakdale , Louisiana

Oakdale Area Chamber of Commerce

205 S. Tenth Street Oakdale, LA 71463 (318) 335-1729 Phone

City of Oakdale City Hall, P.O. Box 728 Oakdale, LA 71463 (337) 335-3629 Phone · Occupational licenses and zoning for the parish.

Reply to
bill