damp windows

I've noticed now since the weater changed my windows are getting damp "condensation" any trick to fix that before winter gets here and I wind up with frozen windows!

Thanks.

Reply to
sylvain

They are damp because the dew point is above the temperature of the window. That mean you need to get the window warmer or lower the dew point.

Storm windows, thermo pane etc. help get the window warmer. However if you are already getting it, what are you going to do when it really gets cold.

I suggest the humidity is too high (dew point factor) around the windows in questions and maybe the whole home. Do you have an un-vented dryer, or heating device? Are the windows near or in the bath room or kitchen where local humidity may be high.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Your house is to humid, normal as fall turns to winter, waite a few weeks, let the heating system dry your house out. Dont Panic, Waite

Reply to
mark Ransley

I get that every year at this time,then it goes away as the weather turns colder and the air becomes drier. I do put the plastic on some windows upstairs, but it wouldn't be practical to do the whole house, and to replace all the windows would be too expensive.

Reply to
The 70's

Reply to
George E. Cawthon