Damaged texture

I have a small wall -- less than 4' wide by 8' high.

A leaking shower faucet above created a sizable water-filled bubble lifting the paint (and standard California knock-down texture) off the drywall. The old paint is apparently a Behr satin finish.

The leak has been fixed and the wall has had a month to thoroughly dry out.

Since the wall panel is so small, I'm inclined to re-texture the whole thing. There's also some other minor mechanical damage on that panel so it's kind of a no-brainer to do the whole panel.

It seems to me, the section of texture/paint that bubbled will need to be completely removed. However, that will make the finish even less flat/even than it is already.

What preparations would folks suggest before attempting to retexture?

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

What preparations would folks suggest before attempting to retexture? I replied succinctly:

RayV