damaged cable sheath and insulation

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone could refresh my memory, I removed a rework

4" figure box from my wall to prep for a lighted medicine cabanet installion and found a part of the remaining cable was damaged by who made the orginal hole in the wall. After removing the wad of black tap around the out jacket, it appears to nm-b, I found the ungrounded and grounded conductor missing pieces of their insulation. (God was watching over this house since no fires resulted).

I trimmed back the sheath and repair the insulation with some electrical tape and soon will be installing a new rework box allowing me more access to the cable and repair with heat-shrink. Where in the US NEC does using electrical tape and heat shrink for insulation repair covered/approved?

Thank you,

tom

Reply to
newsgroups01REMOVEME

umm, whats a figure box?

it doesn't allow for this

Reply to
Punch

Fixture/Round box.

Is there article against it?

thx,

tom

Reply to
newsgroups01REMOVEME

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:18:30 -0500 " snipped-for-privacy@intertainia.com" used 38 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

No, but there is also no article against using chewing gum either.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Hmmmm..... so if there is no requirements needed for repairing insulation, this might explain why the previous person who did the instullation just taped up the sheath with exposed conductors inside.

Thank you,

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME