Cutting trench thru concrete/rebar floor?

ICF looks interesting but I have only seen one building using them here. They just tore it down. I would have liked to see how hard that was to do but it was gone in a day. (Commercial property going another way) I have seen a few strange things over the years here. When I was working I inspected a Y-Tong concrete building. It was tilt up construction with all of the walls coming in on a truck. (A kiddie jail). The stuff was so soft I asked if they were worried a kid would tunnel his way out with a spoon. They said they were putting mesh and stucco over it on both sides and hoping the little bastards didn't figure out it was not solid concrete. They built a single family up the street that was foam panels encased in sheet steel. It was put together with a screw gun and angle.

Reply to
gfretwell

Only an idiot would build/buy a house on a slab in this climate.

For this area, a 10% slope away from the house is desirable for proper drainage. Finish floor of house is usually 2 steps above grade.

And a concrete floor in the crawl space controls moisture and keeps critters out. Also makes it easier to work on electrical, plumbing and HVAC.

Reply to
Taxpayer

I know, there is quite a bit of it used up here - just saying ICF and Stucco are MADE for each other. We don't see a lot of stucco, but we are seeing a lot more with ICF taking hold.

Reply to
clare

Insanity, covering things like water pipes with slab. I'm glad I have a wood floor with a gap.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword