Cutting off the top edge of a car battery?

this is not correct

Mark

Reply to
Mark

You are right, Mark. At a minimum, the alternator only needs to put out a little more than the car uses, for example when the lights, heater fan on high, sound system, tv and everything else is on. So it can slowly recharge the battery while everything else is on. Although it would be more convenient if it put out more than that so that it could replace the charge used when starting the car a little more quickly. .

And if necessary one can get by on a little less. That is, for example, a slightly smaller alternator would work too, if the user turned off his headlights when watching TV and turned off the tv when driving.

I had a Universal Power Supply with a 5AH battery. When the battery died, I broke out some of the ribs inside the UPS to make room and put in a 10AH battery. It worked fine, just took longer to recharge the battery, but no longer to put 5AH in the 10AH battery.

Reply to
micky