Cut down or cut up the tree

This makes no sense. A friend said he chopped down a tree in his yard. Then he said he chopped up the tree.

Wait a minute. You CAN chop a tree down, but you CAN NOT chop a tree up. No matter how hard you chop, a tree will never go back up.

What an idiot.

Blonder

"Blondes always have more fun"

Reply to
blonder.by.the.minute

I've seen the dog leave a dump in the yard but have never seen him take one.

Reply to
jriegle

Maybe he chopped it up after he chopped it down OR maybe it chopped all the limbs from the bottom moving his way UP the tree. Makes sense to me.

Reply to
Martik

Well, do you go out in the woods to leave a leak or take a leak?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon