Custom shower plumbing question

I'm NOT trying to be a wise-ass -- call Kohler????

Reply to
Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names

On Sat 24 May 2008 04:56:50p, Frank Robinette told us...

And this is a weekend job, right? My guess is that to provide enough velocity from all the heads, you'll either need rather high pressure or a larger feed. Having all that installed would have me believe these folks don't want a wimpy shower.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Hey:

Ok Tiling a shower, and the homeowner requested me to tackle the plumbing also..Ok no problem I do it all the time, but they have handed me a box of Kohler body spray tiles,wall mtd shower heads,mixing valves, ect.. I have no problem handling it, but the shower is on the 2nd floor, and stubbed with 1/2 supply.. and getting

3/4 to it is SERIOUS.

My question is will 1/2 supply enough flow for 3 spray tiles,and 3 shower heads? and as usual time is ticking.. any advice will be much appreciated people

Thanks Frank

Reply to
Frank Robinette

thought about it, but it is memorial day weekend

Reply to
Frank Robinette

They saw a Brochure and just went crazy.. and I have 2 weeks for the job which includes moving a wall elect/plumbing/tile ect

Reply to
Frank Robinette

Here's what I would do:

Assuming city water, measure the supply pressure with water flowing. If they have ~50-60 psi, give it a go.

To avoid embarassment after all the tile work is up, I would rough assemble all the valves and heads out in the back yard/garage, etc.

Feed the Rube Goldberg with a garden hose (make sure the hose bibb is fed from the same point as the domestic piping; no reducing valve). Have the owner witness the sprays and sign off.

The pressure may be 5 psi greater at ground level than on 2nd floor, but that shouldn't be significant. You could even include a length of 1/2" pipe in the Rube setup to simulate the riser to 2nd floor.

For a couple hours setup time, you may avoid a huge battle later.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

That sound like one way to check it out jim, but the owner is leaving for fla. tomorrow, and I'm not lazy, but seems like some extra work, but I will keep it in mind...Thanks

Reply to
Frank Robinette

On Sat 24 May 2008 05:54:59p, Frank Robinette told us...

If you have 2 weeks for the job, I would concentrate on other issues and, as previously suggested, call Kohler as soon as possible. This is not something you'd want ot have to redo if it's not right.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright