curved copper and sharkbite

Other end of the line.

I was doubtful I could solder a pipe with water in it, city supply did not shut off completely. My fix elsewhere in this thread.

Often, there is more to the story.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

I've seen my dad stuff some bread into a wet line to get it dry. Water then takes it away.

Works.

Reply to
Bill who putters

Oh, I hope I have no more to deal with. My rough experience is that just a little bit of city pressure goes a long way! Water will find a way to get through...

With that said, I'll keep the bread in mind.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

er.org:

Bread won't stop it forever or maybe not even for 5 mins. But if it's a slow leak, it can stop it for long enough to quickly solder the fitting.

Reply to
trader4

Interesting !!

Reply to
Bill who putters

That's fine as long as it doesn't split the pipe. My luck? I'd be digging up a lot of mud to replace the split water main or street shutoff.

Reply to
clare

Brass compression fitting should do the trick if you don't want to sweat it.

Reply to
Steve Barker