Curtain design for gable window.

I have a window in the gable of my home like some log cabins have. Does anyone have design ideas for hanging curtains and shading for the glass?

Reply to
msgabe

Depends on size, shape, location and whether you want to keep clear view, block light/sun, etc. Rustic? Formal?

Reply to
Norminn

Well I'm not going to be very picky I just want something that will work. The window is a triangle. It follows the pitch of the roof in that there's only about 4" between the hypotenuse of the window and the ceiling. The glass is about 9 feet long! I would like to let as much light in as possible until I pull the shades.

Reply to
msgabe

You can buy blinds to fit the angle. They are bit pricey. Can you post a picture and some approx measures?

There are several lower cost options.

Reply to
Colbyt

And ordinary traverse rod, and parallelogram (or triangle)-shaped curtains? With the gather on the downhill end? You can string a traverse rod to be end-opening, like people do for apartment-door sliders that are less than a foot from the corner. If you have the pull cord on the uphill end, and put one of those spring-loaded tensioners on it, there should be enough friction to hold the curtains closed. Of course, this Assumes no interference with the windows and doors below, and enough solid surfaces and space to screw everything.

Kinda hard to say without seeing it. Can you post pictures somewhere, and put a link in a followup? I actually curious what you come up with.

aem sends....

Reply to
aemeijers