Crown molding

I'm tryng to figure out what angles I need to cut crown around vent. I need to cut my 52/38 down 1ft from the ceiling, across 1ft and then back up 1 ft to meet the crown on the ceiling.

Thanks

Reply to
Kenny Goss

Kenny Goss spake thus:

So you're running 1 foot pieces of crown molding around the vent, right?

Seems to me you should be able to just miter everything (cut ends at 45° angle) to wrap it around nicely.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Are you going up and down a wall around a vent or in and out on the ceiling around a vent? Either way you miter at 45 degrees or possibly 22 1/2 degrees to make a tighter wrap around. If this is just a vent grill in the wall or ceiling you may not want to go around it as it will then project from the wall or ceiling the amount of the crown moulding. Possibly some other cut will do, this is where one needs to be creative to arrive at a neat and attractive solution.

Reply to
EXT