Cross Beam Bowing and Nails Coming Out of Dry Wall

I have a 2 story house. As you go up the stairs, the beams that run parallel to the floor are bowing out a bit where the dry wall tape is bowing and the nails are coming out. Any idea what is causing this?

Reply to
nospam_f066b5d0

Your house is crumbling! Moisture? Under spec. beam? How old is the house?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

My house isn't crumbling and there is no moisture - or you'd see/smell it. The house is 7 years old.

Reply to
nospam_f066b5d0

Hi, Nail or screw nail? Today no one uses plain nail on dry walls. Imagine screw nail coming out! Where I live newly built houses all come with structural warranty. It's the law. Can't build houses cutting corners. All your doors, windows open/close good? Floor squeaking anything like that?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Jessica: Your description is rather vague. What are the beams, in the floor you have floor joists held up by walls or beams made of wood or steel. The walls have supports in them called studs. Now are you talking about the wall, the floor or what?

"jessica snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@homerepairlive.com...

Reply to
EXT

And which way are they bowing? Laterally? Vertically? Both?

Just the facts, please.

barry