Crawl Space Vapor Barrier

Can someone guide me on where I can purchase 6mil (or better) vinyl sheeting to place on my crawl space floor. The floor is DIRT. I assume I would 1- seal all the seams 2- go up the side foundation about 2 feet and seal that also. Thank you.

Reply to
billh26

Your approach is right. A true seamless vapor barrier, attached to the sill.

Home Depot's website has 6 mil. Go there and search on the word mil. Really. It's $47 for 10' x 100'. You can get black or clear, I think you want clear.

Here's the awful url:

roger61611

Actually, attached a few inches below the sill -- you must allow a region for insect inspection in most locations.

Lowes and Menards is where I had gotten my 6 mill plastic -- I went with the clear in 20x100 ft rolls. Over lap the seams by at least a foot.

see:

for a lot of good info from Advanced Energy.

Jay Stootzmann