crawl space dehumidifier

My crawl space in Virginia is still somewhat damp -- never really dried out after the hurricane and it is mid winter here. I have redone the moisture barrier, realigned the downspouts, etc. I am considering a dehumidifier down there for summertime -- does anyone know a unit that is fairly horizontal? This is a crawl space, not a basement.

Reply to
Power Cat

My crawl space is 24" high. I use a small upright unit, 15 qt capacity I believe. The unit is controlled by a humidistat (dehumidistat?) which I rigged up. It is set for 55% relative humidity. A hose was attached to the dehumidifier's drain and the end was placed through a hole in the moisture barrier to allow the condensate to escape into the dirt. It works very well.

Gary Please remove XXX in email address if email reply is desired.

Reply to
G Mulcaster