craftsman riding mower belt problem

I have a craftsman DLT 25 hp riding mower. The drive belt keeps coming off. I bought a new belt and still have the same problem. It happens when I stop and shift from a forward to reverse. Any ideas? Thanks.

Reply to
padavid12

I have a craftsman DLT 25 hp riding mower. The drive belt keeps coming off. I bought a new belt and still have the same problem. It happens when I stop and shift from a forward to reverse and then back to a forward gear. Any ideas? Thanks.

Reply to
padavid12

Bent or worn pulley. Bad bearings on pulley shaft.

Reply to
DanG

Maybe the belt is too long? Check the idler pulley spring.

Reply to
dadiOH

Guard misplaced/bent/missing???

Reply to
dpb

You have a common case of pulley misalignment. One or both of your pulleys is shifting position from wear, poor design or whatever. Some designs are using stamped sheet metal mounts that are quite flimsy. If you would rather mow than play with belts, get a Kubota or Simplicity if you prefer American made. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

I checked the keeper at the transaxel. The belt would come off when the brake was engaged. I took the keeper off, adjusted it, and put it back on. It seems to be fixing the problem. David

Reply to
padavid12 via HomeKB.com

Am I good or what???!!! :)

Glad it helped.