Covering Glass Doors for

Hi Dorothy!

D > I posted before and didn't get an answer. Does anyone have any suggestions D > about how to cover double glass doors (four doors total, all together). Bec use D > of the concrete lintelle at the top, we cannot get screws to go in far enou h D > to hold.

Is it possible to use a masonary bit to drill into the conrete, then use plastic anchors to hold the screws?

D > The house was built in 1983 - and there must be lots of other people with t is D > same problem. We can screw plywood to the sides - but not across the top a d D > that still leaves those two doors exposed. D > D > Help please - there's another hurricane brewing and we need to be better D > prepared.

Hopefully it will miss you!

  • Not with a full deck: Bad spot on the disk.
Reply to
barry martin

Thanks. Friday everything was such a mess here - we tried drilling into the concrete and it just didn't work. My DH stopped in at HD and Lowe's and looked at the Ramsets - I think both stores rent the heavier equipment. Anyway, while he was in there he bought some new drill bits. Today we tested the new ones out - and they drilled into the concrete with no problem.

So - we know what the problem was and now have a Hurricane Kit complete with new drill bits and Tapcon screws, duct tape and plastic. That's just for the outside.

Dorothy

Reply to
Dorot29701