Cost to replumb?

We just got a $3500 quote to replumb our 1927, pier and beam, 2 bedroom, 1 bath house in Dallas. Does that sound like a good price?

kATRINA

Reply to
katrina

What raw material? Copper (and what grade), PVC, PEX or soda straws? A bid without a detailed breakdown of work to be done and materials to be used is just asking for bad feelings down the road.

What were the other bids (from contractors with good reps, not johnny-out-of-the-back-of-the-van) like?

Reply to
Andy Hill

Yes, houses after 1930 will run over $4000. Good you got an early model.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

This is typical for Southern California. I just got 4 quotes for a similar house and they were $2900-3600.

Dimitri

Reply to
D. Gerasimatos

You can do it yourself for less than $500.

Reply to
PJx

Only if your time is worthless.

Dimitri

Reply to
D. Gerasimatos

A point that more owners should take to heart.

TB

Reply to
tbasc

And that point would be?

Reply to
3rd eye

For a 2-story slab house in California : one bid came in at $6900, one at $8200, and 2 at around $8900. One $8900 bid included type "L" copper pipe made in the US and a 50 gal water heater.

Get at least 3 bids and get references and make sure they are licensed if your state requires it. check them out with the Better Business Bureau.

Ron

----- Original Message ----- From: "katrina" Newsgroups: alt.home.repair Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 9:43 AM Subject: Cost to replumb?

Reply to
Ron

katrina posted for all of us....

If you researched this on the MANY search engines available you would know that NO ONE can compare prices over the Internet.

Our crystal balls are all broke because WE AREN'T THERE!

Do the research, then get the quotes. That is what you will pay.

Reply to
Tekkie