Corian countertop, can I put on a corian sink to replace the stainless?

HI there,

I moved from a place that had a corian countertop and sealed in solid sink. I loved it, as it was joined so well there was no gap anywhere and appeared to be cut out of a solid block. Amazing!

Now, I moved to a place with a corian top, but with a horrible stainless steel sink. I want to know if its possible to replace the sink with a nice white corian solid sink, and to attach it in the same way, seamlessly, without removing the coutertop (as its kinda stuck there now).

Thanks for any help,

Dean

Reply to
deanbrown3d

Short answer: no

The seam between the underside of the countertop and the corian bowl must fit perfectly dry - before it's bonded in place. Then, it must be clamped until set. Then, the seam weld must be cleaned up and the edge routed and sanded.

You simply don't have the access to do this with the countertop in place.

Reply to
Bram Sorgman

Ok thanks.

Is it some kind of glue thay are using to bond the stuff?

I'm just wondering if my previous kitched builder could maybe do something. I've lost his number, so I wanted an idea before I spend a long time searching for him!

Thanks

Dean

Reply to
deanbrown3d

Yes there is a glue as well as the prep work of both surfaces. The only way this is going to work is to get a pro and REMOVE the counter top.

Second choice is find the installer and ask them if there is another solution.

Reply to
SQLit