cordless vac for hardwood floors

I've done some googling and cannot find help with my inquiry. We just got hardwood floors and I have an old vacuum that would work on hard wood floors as it does not have bristles and is like a dustbuster. It has a cord and I want cordless. What have you used and do you like it?

Thanks!!

Eddie G

Reply to
Eddie G

go with a cheap corded one. fine a floor piece that has bristles or felt under it. i have a old h bag type urecka.

Reply to
jdk

We had laminate flooring at our cabin, and used several alternate ways of keeping it looking good. For when we were not there, we used a Roomba. The new models will now seek out their docking station to recharge, and can be programmed to venture out during times when you are not around. There is a new model now out that is designed for hard surface flooring, that sprays out a fine mist and squeegees it up.

We also used a Black and Decker battery vacuum. It's like an overgrown Dust Buster. The battery in the Dust Buster part also drives a motorized brush for carpet or even upholstered furniture. It was excellent.

As you could guess, nothing beats the staying power and suction of a corded vac. However, with hard flooring like laminates, tile, vinyl, you can get by with a lot less suction. Actually, I'd often just use a 4' dust mop I got from Home Depot to do the floors, then use the Black and Decker battery vacuum or Dust Buster to pick up what the dust mop rounded up.

One last off-the-wall gizmo that actually does a great job is the RoboSweep. I kept one down in the lower level. It is the height of simplicty. A couple of rechargable penlight batteries cause it to randomly run around the room slowly, with a synthetic cloth underneath. It runs about 24 hours on a charge and the cloth dusts the floor. The first time you use one, you'll be amazed at what it finds. It isn't as efficient as a Roomba, but it sure does a good job when you just keep it going

Reply to
Mark and Gloria Hagwood

hoover floor mate works great, sorry it has a cord.

Reply to
SQLit

I got a Eurika Quick-up a couple of months ago and it has been very handy. It has a rotating brush or can be turned off. It is handy for little clean up but I would not want to use it for everyday cleaning. I use my built in vac.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Swisher stick at the supermarket.

Reply to
Art

Reply to
tom&kel

If you can afford it, I highly recommend the Roomba robot vac by IRobot. It works great on my hardwood floors. Just turn it on and let it go. It even returns to recharge itself once it finished.

Reply to
tonysi21