Cordless Fon Batt Amps

It seems darn near impossible to find the right battery for my cordless phone. I have been able to find them under two bucks, but the same web link lists like three separate amperages for the same battery. I recall something about peak and mean amperages from ages ago, but might someone update me how this applies to these kind of batteries. I don't suppose 3.6v .3-.9 amps is the rating for batteries about to explode, but better to ask. (Although the USENET seems to be inhabited by so many growling intolerant ignoramuses most of this new century, I wonder why I bother.)

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for Bimbos]

Reply to
vjp2.at

Nice job of getting people on your side, buddy. I would suggest you leave it a few days, then post again without the attitude.

You get as you give in this world.

Don Pearce

Now, there's a man who really WANTS help :-)

Reply to
Laurence Payne

If you can get these to match perfectly...

1) Battery voltage 2) Mating connector (with correct +/- polarity) 3) Physical size fits

then I wouldn't worry about the capacity (amp-hours)

Intolerant ignoramus

Reply to
Richard Crowley

Buy any battery pack which has the same form factor (number/size of cells--usually three AA-sized batteries), unsolder or cut off the connector and replace with the connector on your old battery. Use good soldering technique and insulate wires with heat shrink tubing. Observe proper polarity.

Or...go to your local Batteries Plus store and have them do it for you; since you probably don't have the requisite skills.

That's it, asshole.

Happy New Year.

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

amphour rating is capacity, ie how long it'll run on a charge.

A statement one could fairly describe as growling and intolerant. As for ignorant, if you knew the answer to your basic question you wouldnt be asking.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Any 3.6v battery will work.

Of course I may just be saying that in hopes that the 'phone blows your freaking ear as far as Philadelphia. Better, of course, is having the 'phone explode while being carried in your pants pocket.

Reply to
HeyBub

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 12:58:41 +0000, vjp2.at Has Frothed:

Match the size/volts/connecter. Try to stay close to the amps. A little more will be ok but too much and your charger may not be able to charge it.

Reply to
Meat Plow

snipped-for-privacy@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote: I don't suppose 3.6v .3-.9 amps is

It takes one to know one, Vasos.......

You've already received correct answers to your question, so I needn't duplicate them. However.....

May I suggest that you visit your doctor soon. Your entire alimentary tract may have somehow gotten reversed, with not unexpected results. Not an unheard of condition for an Ivy Leaguer to become afflicted with.

Peace,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

My offspring get timeouts for popping wise like that. You I can KF.

Reply to
WoolyGooly

Isn't this just an example of an attitude of 'entitlement'? We are a 'Plug and play' generation; pick it up, pay for it and plug it in. No effort or thought required! That is "One should just be able to go to a store or other source and right there on the shelf there should be an up to date stock of every single battery I might need or wish to buy"; no matter what or where or how much I paid for my cordless phone, 'x' years ago. Better too to ask a dumb question (one learns more from the many, mostly helpful, people who inhabit these groups) than try to 'pretend' one understands voltage, amperage and amp-hour capacities! Seasons/New Years greetings to all.

Reply to
terry

Yes, and some day we will be rid of all of them. Hopefully you'll be the first to leave, and the other lemmings will follow you off the cliff.

Bother? Yes, you do bother the good people on usenet. Go away.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No, it's more of a planned obsolescence thing. The various companies use any number of different configurations of the very same thing, in order to get us, the consumer, to buy it from them. That's as opposed to buying it from someone else...or better yet, we can give up on finding the exact same replacement part and simply buy a whole new gadget for the lack of availability of a simple part.

I don't know how many perfectly good cordless phones I've bought from thrift stores and yard sales. All they needed was a battery. I wonder what minuscule percentage of the discarded, perfectly-functioning phones this actually represents.

jak

Reply to
jakdedert
*+-USENET seems to be inhabited by so many growling intolerant ignoramuses most

I'm sorry, I got so much grief for my inkjet inquiry, I was defensive

Furthermore, a few months ago I asked about my fridge and all I got was "how did you get stuck with a name like that?"

That's not how it was ten years ago.

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for Bimbos]

Reply to
vjp2.at

Thanks for the replies.

They make some "universal" connector batteries.

Basically the two jumper snap-ons are separated so they only have to mate with the pin and not the entire connector.

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for Bimbos]

Reply to
vjp2.at

I have to admit when I saw my own words earlier I had a hard time believing they were mine. It's possible I was being interrupted and sent it off too soon. THe irony, is this was one of the times when folks on the usenet have been the most helpful in a long time.

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for Bimbos]

Reply to
vjp2.at

Well, if you are truly sorry, the first thing you might want to do is get rid of your horribly offensive sig. It will irritate even when the body of the post is not intended to. You may or may not believe all that stuff, but I promise you nobody here needs or wants to know it. Your name will suffice.

Don Pearce