copper heat pipe through joists or under?

I'm adding a few sections of fin tube to a new addition. Is it better to hang pipe (j hooks/straps) under perpendicular beams/joists or go through? My concern is both adequately supporting the pipes, and any potential difference in insulation (as this is a post and beam construction and fairly close (2') off the ground.) Thanks.

Reply to
christopherubin

I would hang the pipe under the joist. Trying to drill a straight line of holes will not be easy. Trying to feed the pipe threw the wholes will even be harder. I guess it would weaken the joist. Most the time the pipe is hung under the joist. They make a plastic pipe hanger just for that purpose (Most people call them flying ass wholes) I would put about every 4th joist for

3/4 copper
Reply to
Sacramento Dave