Converting gameroom to media room, need advice

I have a 17x14 game room with 10ft ceilings that I'm trying to convert to a media room. It currently has a popcorn textured ceiling with textured walls. I am going to paint the walls and ceiling. I've come up with the following options.

  1. Remove the popcorn from the ceiling and have a flat ceiling with textured walls?
  2. Remove the popcorn from the ceiling and flatten the walls so the that the textures match? What would be the best way to remove the texture from the walls?
  3. Keep the popcorn, paint it with a sprayer and keep the textured walls?

I'm trying to end up with a professional looking room and am looking for some advice.

Thanks!

Reply to
Steve

tom

Do a search on home theatres there's a number of good webs sitesfullof guy that only do that. What I remember reading they use 2 layers of sheet rock and soundproofing.

tom wrote:

Reply to
Mulan

If you're talking about a serious home theater, that means a front projector, so your walls and ceiling will need to be non-reflective - think dark gray.

So the textures would be a non-issue.

Go to:

for lots of ideas.

Reply to