contact cement

-------------------------------------

Before I use contact cement in my home, I was hoping for a bit of saftey info. I was wondering how toxic this adhesive is once it has dried. I now the vapors are quite hazardous, but does is become safe to be in close contact with once is has dried for a few day? Any advise would be great!

Reply to
ladysilvercat

Screw the Sucko website. Best advise I have.

Reply to
Oren

Weldwood Non-Flammable Contact Cement

low-odor, low volatility, and essentially non-hazardous. I've used that indoors repeatedly with no problems at all.

It's available at Lowe's and Ace Hardware, but (I think) not at Home Depot.

Reply to
Doug Miller

I'd advise you to respell that: "advice".

Reply to
Jay Hanig

Would your government allow something on the market that's harmful? Or even useful?

Reply to
HeyBub

Take this advice as advisement.

Reply to
Oren

I've never hadd trubble with it. Werks fayn. Aye wuz jahst uzing sum toodey.

Reply to
mm

The best advice for avoiding hazards and staying safe is to stay out of automobiles. Mike

Reply to
amdx

ladysilvercat_at_hotmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (ladysilvercat) wrote in news:42561$4b89ca70$45499b77$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com:

Oh it's absolutely fine to use. In fact it's so safe it's used for gluing kitchen counter tops. And if you're gluing the counter top around lunchtime you can slap some on a sandwich if you run short on condiments.

It's wonderful that this fine advice will be read on the Sucko company and boost it's expert content level.

Reply to
Red Green

1) Head on down to your local contact cement source, HD, Lowes, Menards, PepBoys, CVS Pharmacy, or lumber yard. 2) Actually pick up a container and hold it in your hand. 3) Look at the label of the container and read all the information there, especially the parts that say 'CAUTION'. 4) If some of that information is incomprehensible, ask a store clerk for help. 5) You now will have much more pertinent information than most of this NG will provide.

Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Read the tube/box/container; they all contain that information and aren't all the same.

Reply to
Twayne

Say am hear i puet soem innn aftar ui usead soem pcv cermaint oan teh pypes.

jaon

Reply to
Jon Danniken