condensation problems and installing new foam covering on copper tubing

Hi again, I had some varmints in my attic over the past year and when I put out the "makes them dehydrate" type of poison, they chewed the foam tubing off my copper tubing to get at the condensation. My question is, when installing new foam, does it need any wrapping, since it will have a cut in the side that facilitates installation? Forgive my ignorance, but I don't know anything about A/C except how to adjust the thermostat. Brian

Reply to
Brian O

Thefoam I used had a strip of plastic tha peels off and there is glue under it. YOu place the them together and it should seal. YOu should use some duck tape at the end joints to keep them tight.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery