Concrete Steps

Looking for a web site that might show me the basics of framing(and attaching) concrete steps to the front entry of our house thanks

Buzz

Reply to
2fatbbq

The start where everyone else does: google. Let us know what you find.

Reply to
G Henslee

I did---found nothing worthwhile--thats why I asked this group after learning much here in the past! Of course my searching questions could leave something to be desired

Buzz

Reply to
2fatbbq

Really? ;)

G Henslee

yeh really--must be in the question !! I did concrete steps and framing concrete steps got one of the above--but your linmks are better thanks

Buzz

Reply to
2fatbbq

I'm building concrete steps outside of my back door and want to know where to place the footings. The steps' dimensions will be 7 feet wide with a run of 36" and total rise of about 14"; there will be two steps rising a bit less than 7" each. The landing will be 6' x 2' supported by walls on two sides: one the left as well as the one under the door. The lower step will wrap around the landing like an "L".

Sources I've consulted give conflicting advice on the footings. They're general purpose handyman books on stone and masonry work, and one has footings running perpindicular to the width at the farthest edges on either side. The other shows a single footing running parallel to the width directly underneath the lower step.

Which is preferable?

Another question applies only to the first option with the two footings on either side. Should the footing on the side where the lower step will wrap around be laid under the landing or under the lower step?

I know this is a bit involved but if you have time to share your skill and experience it would be a big help.

Kevin

Reply to
pakdog