Concrete Sealing.

Have a few questions in regards to a leaky basement. I think I have managed to stop leaks through my old foundation wall by redirecting water flow from gutters. The problem is that this old foundation has holes, at the base of the wall, where it previously had 2" wooden slats/forms that have now rotted away. I believe that this is sole source of the minor leaks during torential downpours, here in Seattle. First question: is there a sealant that someone could recommend to fill these holes? Maybe some injection polymer that bonds well to the cement?

Secondly, I would like to seal the foundation walls on the inside. Now, if I haven't sucessfully diverted most of the gutter-water flow away from the foundation (like I think I have) and there is some hydrostatic pressure on the foundation wall---am I unwittingly causing moisture to build up in the concrete, if I seal on the inside? If that is not so much a problem, what is a good sealant to use? Penetrating epoxies, crystalline waterproofing?

Any ideas, suggestions, or websites would be helpful.

Thanks.

Reply to
topher

hydralic cement can be used for larger voids.

if you still get water inside no paint will truly seal it. better to install a interior french drain

Reply to
hallerb