Concrete repair advice

x-no-archive: yes

A corner on my front steps, where one of the railing posts is embedded, has broken off. The (2) pieces that broke off are intact - in other words, I can put them back in place, but of course they are not secured.

I had been planning to patch the corner, but then I thought that since the pieces are intact, can I apply some sort of bonding cement or glue and put them back in place? Is that a viable option, and if so, what product can I use?

Thanks!

Reply to
Airkings

You may want to reinforce the post to prevent a repat of the problem.

Any two part epoxy will do just fine. Trade pros have used this technique for years. Prepare the surface as if you were painting a floor, muriatic etch, wash and thorough dry. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst